To most businesses an IT function is vital, although it’s unfortunately sometimes looked upon as a time consuming, expensive and tedious production. However, whether you’re a growing business at a stage where you need to consider your wider IT requirements or a larger company with functioning systems and possibly an onsite IT technician in place already, there are several reasons below why you may be better off choosing an IT outsourcing company to fulfil your IT requirements.
- Knowledge and Expertise – Any long standing and reputable IT company will have gathered a pool of highly trained, accredited engineers with a wealth of knowledge and experience. This means that instead of having just your nominated IT person’s experience you open your company to wealth of expertise. Not only will this enable any problems or issues to be dealt with quickly and efficiently, but it will also help to ensure you are exposed to the latest technological innovations should you want/need them.
- Increase Productivity – Not only by having your systems monitored and issues dealt with quickly and efficiently to see a reduction in downtime, but if you do not have a dedicated IT person on site we have known Managing Directors, Finance Directors, Office Managers, Operations Managers and so on all be tasked with the “IT Burden”. This takes them away from their jobs a lot more than they, or you, would probably like.
- Cost Savings and Flexibility- You may be surprised at the longer term savings of outsourcing your IT function. Look at the above statement about productivity, some companies have Finance Directors dealing with IT issues, this could be a £50k salaried individual dealing with basic IT admin issues. You would be better employing an IT engineer on site or outsourcing. Also, the flexibility of outsourcing by far exceeds what you would have with an onsite IT function. Obviously, you will need more help and time during a large project like a software rollout, outsourcing allows the flexibility to demand more time and assistance when you need it and less when things are ticking along nicely.
- Independent Advice – An outsourcing company should spend a significant amount of time learning your business and processes in order to provide you with the best advice AND as an external force this will be independent of other issues which could prevent an internal person giving you the best advice.
- Reduce Risk – By hiring a professional team who work with many clients in all different sectors it’s in their best interests to keep up to date with the latest technologies. This means that you will also likely to be only exposed to the most reliable options on the market meaning your system downtime is kept to a minimum, increasing production all round.
If you are thinking of outsourcing or would like more information please contact Opus-UK on 01909 518811.